Wednesday, November 23, 2011

One Week Post Surgery, 11/23/2011 By Anita


Aloha.  Mahalo to all my family and friends who have supported me thru my PINK journey.  My latest surgery was Tuesday, November 15.  Yes, that was surgery #5.  Today, Wednesday, I am doing well…a lot better than last week.  Although I knew for weeks about the surgery, it still threw me for a loop.  I guess it’s true, you do forget about the pain.  Last week was really difficult for me but it is much better today.  Dr. D was very pleased with the outcome of the surgery, fixing ‘things’ and doing a little ‘touch up’.  There are a lot of physical restrictions, like no lifting or carrying of items, no hula :(, no jogging or working out (I am so bummed!  LOL!!) but in time, I will be able to resume those activities.  I think he said no housework, cooking, cleaning, or working.  Larry, did you hear Dr. D say that??  LOL!!  I wish. 

As this is the day before Thanksgiving, this is a day to reflect on how luck we all are.  I am thankful for my wonderful husband, Larry.  He has been my rock, holding my hand thru this entire PINK journey.  My kids, Brett and Kristi have been wonderful, helping out and driving me around…well, Brett’s been driving me around.  My entire family has been really supportive of me.  I have been truly blessed with the best family and friends.  You all know who you are…hula ohana, bunco and book club friends, crafting friends, friends from the Brett and Kristi’s sports and school-from kindergarten on, Boy and Girl Scout friends, work friends and just friends. From the bottom of my heart, Mahalo.  I love you all.

Take a moment, give your loved ones a hug and tell them that you love them. 

A hui hou (see you soon). 

Aloha 




No comments:

Post a Comment