Thursday, December 23, 2010

Its me, Anita, blogging here!!

Aloha, all.  It’s Anita posting.  Larry has been having so much fun keeping my blog updated that I was thinking that I might have to change the password on him.  I hear he has been very amusing.  One day, I’ll have to read the blog to ‘see’ my recovery.

Larry and I would like to thank you all for your love, prayers and support thru my cancer journey.  All of your prayers, your friend’s prayers and their friend’s prayers have been answered-I am 100% breast cancer free AND I do not have to have any chemo or radiation therapy.  Hallelujah!!  I am soooooo lucky.  I think I am the 10% of the 10% of the 10%...or something like that.   (I’ll have to read what Larry wrote in the blog!)   I see my oncologist in January to map out my treatment plan.  He just attend a huge symposium (with the Susan G. Komen Foundation) to hear the lastest in the discovery, disgnosis and treatment on breast cancer.

We would also like to thank all our friends who have delivered delicious dinners to us.  OHGosh.  I am not sure how we would have survived without you.  (We all might have lost a lot of weight if we had to rely on Larry’s, Brett and Kristi’s cooking during those surgery and recovery weeks!!  LOL!!!)  Mahalo to Bridget Mondt for setting up and organizing the awesome CareCalendar for the meals and shoppers and to Roslyn Cronmiller for keeping the calendar current and for all the follow up phone calls.  The peace of mind of not having to worry about what to fix for dinner was huge…knowing that Larry and the kids (and sometimes the kid’s friends) were taken care of.  And me, too!!  I thank you and my family thanks you for time, your generosity and for the awesome eats!!

A big shout out goes to all my shoppers and helpers.  The Costco/grocery/Trader Joe’s shoppers were wonderful.  If not for you, we would have just not washed dishes because we ran out of dish soap, not had milk with cereal because we ran out of milk, and so on.  And Mahalo to my special helpers, those who came to the hospital with my ‘lists of needs’-bottled water, disinfectant wipes to wipe down my hospital room for the germs and bacteria, phone charger, etc.  To my drivers who drove me to my doctors appointments and to the hospital, a huge mahalo.  I would also like to thank my special helpers at the house-all those who came and helped water my plants, indoor and outdoor (I know, sounds stupid but it was a lot of work), my friend who came and cleaned all my leather couches just before surgery so during my recovery and sleeping downstairs, they all didn’t smell like ‘boys’, all my ‘babysitters’ so I would not be alone at home and could help me out if I needed anything.  Gosh, if I left anyone out (and I hope not!), thank you.

I have more to say but will save some for the next post. 






Larry, Brett, Kristi and I would like to wish you 'Mele Kalikimaka' (Merry Christmas in Hawaiian) and a joyous, prosperous and healthy 2011!!!



aloha, anita

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas you and yours . . . what a blessing to have you in our lives!

    ReplyDelete