Thursday, September 2, 2010

Let's try this again...

OK, so I found out how to post my second post.  (It really helps if you have the user name and password...DUH!!  Mahalo to Larry!)  So this is the latest: I have finally decided on the treatment plan!! YAY!!  This decision was agonizing.   It took 3 weeks, many doc appointments, phone conversations and emails with the doctors to give me enough information so I could make a decision that is right for me and one that I am comfortable with. I am having a mastectomy on the left breast.  There is no cancer in the right breast.  As soon as my surgeons and the operating room get on the same page with a surgery date, I'll let you know.
 
I am so lucky to have found this cancer today.  10, even 5 years ago, detection and even treatment has changed.  I am blessed to be EXACTLY where I am today.   I feel that I have this cancer for a reason.  God gave me this disease, right now, in the early stages, for a reason.  I am not sure why.  Kristi has a friend that has had a lump in her breast for some time and has ignored it.  Kristi is making sure that her friend has it checked out.  A friend of mine confided that she has not seen a doctor in years.  I will be making sure that she makes an appointment with a doctor.  Another friend of mine has been self diagnosing herself her years and has not seen a doctor for a health condition.  She has made an appointment with her doctor.  So, maybe this is why...

For everyone who reads my blog, will you promise me that you will get off your... (what language would you like it in-Hawaiian, Spanish, Latin, English, etc.?) little tush and make an appointment with the doctor if you are over due to see them?  Will you please, please do that for me?  Maybe me having cancer will help someone else be healthy, stay healthy or get healthy.  Make me a promise, please??  Pinky swear???????

I gotta get back to work.  (Don't tell my boss, Larry, that I wrote this during work hours.  I might get fired!! LOL!!)  

4 comments:

  1. Anita, I read your blog with great humility and surprise. Because you are my sister, I am nervous and scared to learn of this but comforted with your courage. Starting a blog on this is a great idea. Obviously, you and your family have our full support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that prayers are going up for you and your family and I know that you have the strength to get through this and you know that we are here if you need us even if it is just for Steve to get you more bon bons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita,
    I'm so glad you are getting all the information together. That is so important! So important and that you feel good with the plan! I know that God is going to use you through this. We live in a fallen world and God didn't plan sickness. It wasn't in His plan but He can use situations to build character, help others and work in us! You are doing just that! Helping others! I'm so glad you have this blog! I'll be looking for updates my friend. Mahalo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita -I hope everything is going smoothly as you prepare for your surgery date. -Peggy

    ReplyDelete