Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday 10/17/2010

As i was walking into the hospital last night, i could not help but see a young couple walking out - looked like they were in their mid 20's.  The young woman was sobbing uncontrollably, and i could not help but wonder what tragedy had intruded on their life.  Was it one of her parents?  A sibling?  Perhaps a friend or relative, or even worse, a child?

I'm sure a lot of people we know think about Anita and I and perhaps feel sorry for her.  Don't.  She's a strong person, we got an early diagnosis, and were lucky enough to live in an area where excellent doctors and health care abound - and dodged a major bullet in the process.  We have great friends that are supporting us in a big way.  Even though it's obviously a long road ahead, a full recovery is at the end of the tunnel.

Of course, when we first got the news that Anita had cancer, your first thought's are why me?  Why us?  Life at that point seemed really unfair.  After seeing the young couple, I now realize that WE are the lucky ones.

So today, as you go on with your life, think about that young couple - you know the phrase "life is short?".  Well, it sure can be, so let's treat it that way.

We truly appreciate the support, calls texts, emails, etc.  Calling or texting UNTIL she gets out of CCU is difficult due to the cell phone ban there, so pardon any slow responses.  I'm resting up right now and plan on heading back right before lunch.  I'm starting to realize I need to take better care of myself so I don't get worn down.

2 comments:

  1. Morning . . . you are so right life is short and I admire Anita for being a fighter for doing the right thing even if it is so very hard and look forward to sharing my life with her for years to come. . .

    Please take care of yourself she has a group of people taking care of her and you need to take care of you so you can face the changes that are coming in your life. Know that these changes will not last forever even if they feel like it right now!

    Give her my love and know that prayer went up for her and her family today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, I am very happy to hear that surgery went well. I am praying for Anita and family everyday. Please let me know when can I go visit her in the hospital. Please give me a call if you need any help. Love, Yukari

    ReplyDelete