Wednesday, October 13, 2010

TWO Days Till Surgery...

Tick, tock, tick, tock! Wow, how time flies. I can’t believe that in just a couple of days, I am gonna have the best sleep ever! Seriously, thank you to all who have posted comments (and I know that is difficult to do on my blog!), emailed me, called me and stopped by to see me. I so appreciate your efforts to ‘touch’ me. My heart and soul is filled with your love and support and PRAYERS!! Mahalo!

Yes, my mom and Larry’s parents now know. It was really, really difficult to tell them…well, Larry told his parents and they took it very well. Telling my mom the news was so hard. Thanx, Karen (my sis), for watching over mom. And to Keven (my bro) for worrying about mom.

Because so many of you have asked, here is a note from my friend, Bridget:


If you have not heard by now our friend Anita Takemoto has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She will be going in for surgery on Friday the 15th and is in need of help with meals and weekly grocery shopping. I have started a Care Calendar for anyone who wants to sign up and help.

Here are the log in instructions for the care calendar:

To access Anita Takemoto's personal CareCalendar site,
visit http://www.carecalendar.org/logon/52789 and enter
the following information in the appropriate spaces:

CALENDAR ID : 52789
SECURITY CODE : 9350

Username: mondtb
Password: goofball

I don’t have everyone’s e-mail so please feel free to pass this e-mail on to anyone you think would like to help Anita and her family.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me:


Bridget Mondt
Home: 360-1253
Cell: 533-2137

Please, if you are busy (and I totally understand) or are too far, no worries. Just knowing that I am in your thots and prayers means so much to me.

So, how am I doing? I am doing great. I am too busy to be really…worried is not the correct word…ummm, ok, worried is the best word I can think of at midnite. I will not allow myself to really, really think about the surgery. I do think about it but not dwell on it. Until maybe Thursday nite! LOL!! I am doing a lot of ‘last things’. We took at last family vacation, just the 4 of us, to San Diego. We kayaked in La Jolla, stayed in San Diego and went to Sea World the next day. Yes, even Brett had a good time at Sea World. We saw the ‘Social Network’, the 4 of us this past weekend (mahalo for the movie tickets and munchies!!) I went on two of my crazy fun crafting getaways, one with Leslie, Yuko, Michelle and Laura, and the second one with Michelle. Can you believe that we have so much fun, so much crafting that we got tired?? I don’t get it. Maybe I am getting old!! I’ve been to my last buncos and last hula class before surgery. I got an adjustment from my chiropractor yesterday. (I feel so much better thanx to Dr. Loaiza!) My last nail appointment is on Thursday. That’s really a priority!! I am crazy busy with work and trying to straighten up the house. That is a never ending chore!

Gotta get ready to go to bed. Nite nite, all…

6 comments:

  1. Take advantage of your time off from that slave driver boss of yours and rest up! Please know that you and your family are in our hearts, and we're praying for your speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita,

    Wishing you and strength, peace and a speedy recovery. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I am thinking about you. .. but decided not to call you at eight this morning. . . :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I am just not getting the post url thing. I am not an anonymous type ;)
    Anita, Been praying for you all morning. Hope is was the best nap ever
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aloha Anita, I'm thinking of you with tomorrow being the Big Day -- this will all be a distant memory at some point in the future, and in the meantime you will get through it, one day at a time, with lots of love and support from your family and friends! Sending a big hug your way, and can't wait to hear from Larry or you in the next couple of days -

    Luv, your hula sistah (and just a warning, not a very good cook!), Tracy (^:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anita,

    Rita and I are thinking of you. We pray for your strength and well being. We can only imagine how difficult this is to go through for both you and the family. We wish you the very best tomorrow and will follow your blog. As for the dinners that you will be needing we have to leave Rita out of this equation as you and the family would not want any part of Rita's culinary skills. I will try to whip something up for you (nothing Asian though as that is beyond my skills). Just throw some things out there that you like and I will do my best. Take care and try to be at peace tonight. You will get through this and be an even better person as a result. We love you and are praying for you and the family.

    ReplyDelete